Your brand conveys a message about your business beyond products and services. It should incite an emotional response and provide an all-encompassing experience for the consumer that encourages them to invest in your business.
Many entrepreneurs seek insight from branding and marketing experts to help them create and execute all aspects of their brand including the logo, marketing strategy, and advertisements. We’ve curated a list of the most popular books on this topic to help you get started on branding your business.
- Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others DieThis 2007 novel by Chip and Dan Heath received rave reviews from entrepreneurs. The authors share the steps you should take to make an idea “sticky,” or memorable. Some important takeaways from this book are to remain consistent and simple in your messaging, grab your audience’s attention, be credible and provoke emotion.
- Onward: How Starbucks Fought for Its Life without Losing Its SoulCEO of Starbucks, Howard Schultz, writes about his return to the company in the midst of the 2008 financial crisis and how he realigned Starbucks with it’s original brand values. This #1 New York Times Bestseller is an inspiring and educational account of how Schultz transformed an ailing company into the brand we know today.
- Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products
Hooked By Nir Eyal examines how popular brands encourage audiences to form habits around their products through a “hook cycle.” This how-to guide is geared toward both beginner entrepreneurs and experienced business owners, and is a comprehensive guide to influencing consumer behaviour.
- The Brand Gap: How to Bridge the Distance Between Business Strategy and DesignMarty Neumeier shares tips and tricks to build your brand in his book The Brand Gap. Neumeier separates branding from logos, corporate identity systems and products, providing readers with essential information about creative and effective brand messaging. From collaboration to design and testing, this book will help you access powerful branding tools.
- Logo Design Love: A Guide to Creating Iconic Brand IdentitiesDavid Airey’s Logo Design Love is a breakdown of the process of creating logos, told in a very digestible and accessible way. This book is aimed at both designers and business owners, and will help you better understand how to create an iconic logo for your business.
Crafting your brand message is an opportunity to get creative, and the above books will help you to create a brand identity that resonates with your audience and ultimately grows your business. If you’re looking for information on starting your business contact us today.
Laura Harvey is an entrepreneur herself as the owner of Ontario Business Central Inc. Her passion has always been about supporting the entrepreneurial spirit and advancement within Canada.
Laura authors in-depth blogs for Ontario Business Central assisting entrepreneurs and business owners to start, manage and grow their businesses. She has almost 30 years of expertise as a corporate specialist and 25 years of being an entrepreneur. Laura has the unique position of supporting a community that she also belongs to. She walks the walk right along with you.
You can find Laura on Linkedin and Twitter.