paying an invoice


Google Reviews
calculating taxes

Set Up Tax Accounts

A BN number can only be provided for an existing Ontario, BC or Federal or Canada Corporation.

If you have already registered or incorporated your business and NOW wish to setup tax accounts, you can complete tax accounts set ups easily through our portal. Misplaced your existing BN number, we can get a copy of the number and email you the number.

Watch Video > Tax Information
Business Information
BUSINESS TYPE - Already Registered or Incorporated
(Registered businesses such as Sole Proprietorships or Firm Names/General Partnerships require BN number prior to setting up tax accounts)


BN Registration

BN for an Incorporated Company

If you incorporated a business, the BN number was automatically assigned to the corporation for the corporate tax yearly filings.

The BN number associated with the corporate account is the universal number that can be also used for HST and Payroll but require set up as the tax accounts are not automatic outside of the corporate tax account for filings with Canada Revenue Agency.

BN for registered company

If you registered a business, the BN number is not assigned unless you opt in for tax accounts. The registered business is taxed under the individual owner or owners and is not a separate body from the individual who owns the business.

The BN number first needs to be set up for a registered business prior to applying for HST or Payroll.

Applying for an HST Account

No matter how you have set up your business whether incorporated or registered, HST is never automatic. You are not required to set up an HST account until the business earns $30,000.00 within a year. Prior to this, the application for HST remains voluntary. When you have earned $30,000.00 revenue for your business within the year (January 1st to December 31st or fiscal year (this could be any 12 months for a corporation depending on tax year end) you are required to set up the HST number.

What information is required to set up HST?

To apply for HST, our office will need the following information:

  • Name of Business/Corporation
  • Personal Name and Address
  • Business Activity
  • Business Location
  • Mailing Address
  • HST Reporting Period (Monthly, Quarterly or Yearly)
  • Total Sales in Canada
  • Worldwide Sales
  • Individual Social Insurance Number (by phone/email only)
  • Date of Birth for Owner/Director
  • Applicable telephone number

Retrieving Existing BN Number

If you have lost or misplaced your corporation BN number, we can search to retrieve it for you and send it to you via email.

Applying for an PST Account

Payroll is only required when you hire employees who work for you either part time or full time. Until you have employees, there is no need to apply. Once you have set up the PST account, you will be required to file a PD7A Summary each month and contribute to the CPP and EI benefits of the employee or employees.

To Apply for Payroll our office will need the following information:

  • First day of expected pay to employee
  • Frequency of employee pay (weekly, biweekly, monthly)
  • Expected Annual Salary for Employees (combined if more than one)
  • Number of Employees
  • If Corporation is foreign owned or franchised

Applying for Import/Export License

The Import/Export license is only required when you are either bringing goods or products into Canada from another country to sell or if you are selling Canadian products abroad to another country or countries.

To Apply for the Import/Export License:

  • Select whether you are importing, exporting or both
  • Export requires what products
  • Revenues for exporting items