expanding office into Ontario


An Official Intermediary for the Province of Ontario

Google Reviews
foreign corporation growth

Foreign Extra Provincial Licence Registration

The Canadian economy continues to thrive, spurring businesses worldwide to expand into Canada. Regardless of the country of origin, businesses from everywhere around the globe are coming to Canada to become a part of the continually growing market.

An Extra Provincial Licence (EPL) is available to foreign corporations (outside of Canada) that wish to obtain a business presence within the Province of Ontario. This is required when a physical address is/has been established by the foreign corporation within the Ontario Jurisdiction.

Create Your Extra Provincial Licence Package
processing time is 10 business days





Included with each domain name:

  • Domain name for 1-5 years
  • Contact Privacy (non disclosure under Who Is)
  • Free SSL Certificate
  • Domain Lock to protect from unauthorized domain transfers

.CA Domain Registration (mysite.ca) Registrant must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada ?

.COM Domain Registration (mysite.com) No requirement for citizenship needed ?

Domain Type
Length of Domain Term

ADD A TRADENAME Under Your New Incorporation



Free QuickBiz guide. An OBC client exclusive! ?
Free BN Number ?
Free Voice or Email Support ?
Free Databank Storage ?

Shipping & Set Fees

Email Notifications
Manual Filing With the Province of Ontario
Preparation of Documents
Government Registration Fee
13% Tax

Do I need an Extra Provincial License?

You are required to obtain Extra Provincial Licence (EPL) when a physical address is/has been established by a foreign corporation within the Ontario Jurisdiction. Once the filing is completed, you may operate the Ontario corporation, open a bank account, obtain cheques, apply for HST, register trade names etc.

What if I don’t have a Chief Officer/Manager in Ontario?

You are not required to have a chief officer/manager in Ontario, however you do need an Agent For Service. This individual is required to reside in Ontario and be 18 years or older or have a separate Ontario corporation.

What if I’m not a citizen/permanent resident?

The filing does not require the directors of the foreign corporation to be Canadian citizens or permanent residents. An individual is required to be an 'Agent For Service'. This is someone who is 18+, lives in Ontario and can receive correspondence on behalf of the corporation. This Agent For Service does not have to be a Canadian citizen but absolutely must reside in Ontario.

What is required to register?

What does Ontario Business Central provide?

What is the processing time?

The processing time for foreign extra provincial registrations is 10 business days. This allows us time to prepare the EPL documents for you, create the Ontario NUANS report, manually file your documents with the province of Ontario, take care of mailing/emailing and preparation of all documents, and communicate with the Provincial examiner regarding your filing, leaving you free to focus on what matters the most, running your business.

How much does it cost to obtain an Extra-Provincial Licence?

An extra-provincial licence starts at $567.28 after taxes and fees, however you can build your own package and include optional add ons such as letting OBC handle your NUANS reservation, obtaining corporate supplies, registering a domain name for a website and trade names for your business in Ontario.

Does the Extra Provincial Licence registration need to be renewed?

An Extra-Provincial licence for a corporation has no expiry date, therefore, it is continual and does not require renewal. If changes such as an address change are required over time, a Form 2 Notice of Change is required and available through our office. This filing can take 25 business days to complete.

Can I bring a Foreign LLCs AND LLPs into Ontario?

Foreign LLCs and LLPs can be submitted manually by calling our office directly at 1-800- 280-1913 or 1-416-599-9009 and speaking with one of our helpful agents.

Related Service:
Domestic Extra Provincial - Form 2 (Bring Your Existing Provincial/Federal Corp Into Ontario)